What to do:
- Make the meatballs by mixing the mince, onion, egg yolk, spices and herbs and with your hands roll them into equal sized balls, my mixture made 10 small balls. Spray a large pan frying pan with low cal cooking oil and brown the meatballs in batches, remove to a plate.
- For the sauce spray the same frying pan with the cooking spray, over a medium heat add the onion and peppers when they begin to soften add the spices and harissa paste. Followed by the tomatoes, tomato purée and stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce in a single layer, (this is when it really starts to smell good). Cover tightly and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the koftas are all cooked.
- About 15 minutes before they are cooked put some rice on.
- Scatter parsley over the top and serve on a bed of rice. Grab a fork and dig in!!
Small disclaimer to all this healthy eating stuff!
I should also mention that when I’m at my target weight I do have the occasional
‘blow out’ meal or cake (or day), but this is a plan for life and to say that I’ll
never have a large glass of red and a bag of cashew nuts again, ever in my life just isn’t
realistic, so from time to time I may post a recipe that isn’t
Slimming World friendly, but don’t shoot me I’m only human!!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13969005/?claim=ebj5dby7a8s”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>